A successful sale of the business to a larger company in the same industry sector.
“Performative drove the process throughout, without which support either the business would have suffered or the deal would never have completed. Since completion Performative have continued to support us through the early stages of integration.
I am extremely happy with the result they have obtained for us.” Guy Meyer, MD, Firebelly Creative
Firebelly Creative is a successful cross platform strategic launch marketing agency using traditional & new media with AV, Digital, Print and PR capabilities. The shareholders were looking to realise a return on the investment they had made in growing the company over the previous 2 decades by finding new owners for the business thus freeing them to focus on the activities in the business which they enjoyed most.
Performative were invited to identify potential buyers for the business and were awarded the Sale Mandate.
The Performative Solution
Performative executed a Sale Mandate which incorporated the complete management of every aspect of the transaction:
- strategic guidance to the Board including valuation and deal structure;
- creation of the marketing documents;
- finding and contacting potential acquirers, conducting initial evaluation meetings and for suitable prospects orchestrating meetings with the owners;
- working with the chosen acquirer to structure a deal that worked for all interested parties;
- managing all aspects of the negotiation through to final agreement on the offer value and structure;
- introduction to qualified professional services and coordination of all professional relationships;
- review and completion of all contractual documents on behalf of the business and its owners;
- post-transaction support to ensure the early days of the transition went smoothly.
The activity commenced in 2010 but was suspended for commercial reasons in 2011. It was revived in May 2012 and completed at the beginning of October 2012.
Performative’s involvement enabled the owners of the company to continue to focus on their operational roles in the confident knowledge that their interests were being protected throughout the marketing and negotiating stages of the transaction and that a harmonious relationship would be maintained with the purchaser going forward.