If you expect your sales team to drive growth, perhaps you should ponder the latest sales research to see how your plans might be impacted?
- Only 14% of salespeople are professionally trained – in another 10 years this figure could be as low as 5%. Two thirds of sales reps miss their quota; is there any correlation?
- A new sales recruit can cost £80,000  a year in sales support costs alone.
- A likely timescale to allow for a new sales recruit to become fully productive is 10 months or more  , however if you’re in industries such as technology, medical solutions and complex business services you can reckon on up to 36 months to effectiveness  even if they come from a similar industry.
- Less than half of sales reps believe in their own pipeline predictions; could this be attributable to lack of objective criteria, structured process, or meaningful reporting?
- The optimum level of coaching for reps who are struggling to achieve their targets is 3-5 hrs per month  but on average most receive less than 2 hrs.
So what can these figures tell you, apart from the need to plan well to avoid the cost of failure?
This is not just about recruitment or training , it needs a fresh view and a complete change to the established way of doing things. Your people may have the knowledge to put the necessary change programme in place but, it will put severe additional load on their management of day to day business. Our academy solutions are designed to support you in your growth plans by delivering an outsourced resource integrating your existing successful process into a seamless service:
- Tailored recruitment to reflect the nuances of your culture, industry, market, brand, customer, etc.
- A comprehensive induction programme to ensure the new recruits become an integral part of your organisation so they can deliver your proposition, your way to your customers.
- Basic and advanced (soft and hard) skills learning and development to create a customer centric, commercially aware, adaptable sales force.
- Coaching and mentoring to embed the learnings through real world examples.
- Development and support of the sales leaders so they can in turn leverage and enhance the productivity of the newly trained sales force, and ascertain leading indicators for a reliable pipeline forecast.
Once the academy solution has been successfully piloted it can be brought back in-house or remain (partially) outsourced according to your on-going needs.
Request a call back to explore how our tailored Sales Academy solution can help you grow your revenue and margin.
1 Qvidian quoted $135.000
2 CSO Insights