Automation in sales – the other side of the coin


As highlighted in the recent articles our view on automation in selling is to use with caution; a blended approach will serve you best. The optimum solution uses automation to deal with the 80% of the job that is routine repetitive stuff, leaving the remaining 20% for the sales person to apply their ingenuity and creativity to produce an innovative solution for the individual prospect.

There are real benefits to be gained from proposal automation but there are also some real dangers to be aware of as well. While it is true that automating will ensure proposals are perfect in; spelling, grammar, presentation, etc., they could appear to be sterile and generalised. If the whole solution is presented from pre-existing information then you are really producing a brochure which they have probably already previewed, not a proposal which echoes the needs of the individual customer and speaks specifically to them.

Advertisements