A pro-active new business hunting capability with higher conversion ratios thus exceeding the previous years numbers by mid-year
“When I took on the role as MD, I had a range of issues to address across the business and having Performative to focus on the sales and selling issues enabled me to focus elsewhere. They did a huge amount of work in a very short time and what they have created has set us on the right road to become a pro-active new business hunting company whilst retaining our capability to effectively manage existing customers.
We have already exceeded 2012’s new business orders and we are enjoying a much higher conversion rate of proposals to orders.” Roy Frost, MD, Deceuninck UK
Deceuninck is active in more than 75 countries across Europe and has been in the UK for over 30 years. They make high quality uPVC profile extrusions for double glazed windows, doors and patio doors.
In early 2013 a new UK Managing Director was recruited to return the company to growth. He quickly realised he had issues to resolve in the sales and selling area of the business and having worked with Performative in a previous role he immediately asked us to help him.
The Performative Solution
An initial thorough analysis was conducted which revealed that while the company had a very effective account management model, the main issue to be addressed was the lack of an effective new business selling capability. Fixing this problem was crucial if the company was to achieve its ambitious four year growth plan.
The fully documented solution, built around Performative Structured Selling® and tailored to the specific needs of Deceuninck, incorporated:
- A fully integrated, “joined up” process linking the external appointment making service with the field sales people, and the database used for prospecting with the company’s CRM system.
- A qualification and quantification process to focus efforts on the most promising organisations and opportunities.
- Sales territory planning enabling better control and management of the field sales people.
- An entirely new approach to sales proposals, turning them into a more focused business proposal for the specific prospect.
- Training and coaching sessions for the new regime across the whole team including appointment maker, field sales staff and sales management.
In addition, to support the MD in his role as sales manager:
- Creation of KPIs and an opportunity probability calculator.
- Design of new commission and bonus schemes to reflect the mixed role of new business and account growth.
- Creation of the job specification for a sales administration position.
- Produced the design specification for a price comparison mobile app to support the sales people while selling to new prospects.