A streamlined and more effective and agile sales operation positioned for continued sector fluctuation.
“Performative made a significant contribution to securing our position as a leading quality supplier in the renewable energy market. We now have a fully integrated sales process for both office and field staff, which has brought us more effective new business generation and better visibility of the sales pipeline. We are now better placed to respond to whatever the market, government regulations or the competition may throw at us. We enjoyed working with Performative and found them responsive, collaborative and pragmatic, always willing to contribute and flex with the changing needs of the business.” Chairman, TECG;
The Energy Conservation Group (TECG) helps homeowners and businesses conserve energy, save and make money through the design and installation of energy solutions. Although TECG was performing well, competition in the sector was increasing and government regulations and incentives were changing, both of which created business risk. Performative was asked to review the sales operation to find areas to streamline and improve agility and performance.
The Performative Solution
Performative initially undertook a Sales Maturity Assessment (SMA), which found:
- Fragmented sales management
- Leakage throughout the sales cycle leading to lost opportunities
- Field sales motivation issues
- Lack of sales targets
- An over-complex lead generation process.
The issues found were compounding to create low efficiency and effectiveness. Performative designed a Sales Performance Transformation programme to address this, which included:
- “Lead generation” performance improvement for two telesales teams
- Field sales performance improvement
- Improvement of the interface between the lead generation and field sales operations
- Recruitment and selection of both internal and external sales people
- Definition and delivery of new sales models and associated processes
- Induction, training and development of all sales people
- Design and delivery of compensation plans based on achievement against selling targets
- Definition and delivery of an optimum sales management model for the field sales people
- Design of the optimum sales management model for the whole selling operation
- Review of the sales “employment” model and recommendations for change
- Preparation of a handover to TECG including the means for on-going evolution
- Provision of on-going support and advice.