The CEO was able to confidently transition to the US leaving a well-run UK operation with a good sales team that was maintaining market share in an increasingly competitive environment.
“Having Performative involved in crucial sales appointments gave me peace of mind to leave the UK and build our US operation. Subsequently, they have delivered a number of training interventions for the UK sales staff. The proof of the pudding is in the eating; two years on and the business is going from strength to strength.” David Jaffa, CEO, SAM Learning Ltd
SAM Learning is a leader in cross-curricular on-line revision and exam practice, providing students with imaginative and interactive ways to learn.
Performative was initially engaged due to the pending move of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to the US to start SAM Learning over there. This situation meant that the UK required a senior executive to run the business in the UK. There was also recognition that the UK required some support for the sales teams who were facing increasing competition in the market.
The Performative Solution
The first task for Performative was to use its sales experience to recruit a UK Sales Director. Performative used a multi-step interview process and candidate profiling. The chosen candidate was a success and has since become to UK Managing Director.
Performative did multiple projects thereafter including:
- Delivering custom designed selling skills workshops for the UK field sales team to help the existing team of account managers to develop new business hunting skills. This has paid off in the form of new customers being created and more accurate sales forecasts being produced.
- Providing support in the final selection of a new business sales person for the US operation.
- Providing sales skills training for the internal telesales team to enhance the skills of the team in three main areas:
- Making new business appointments for the field sales team. This included work on improving the profiling of potential customers to increase the effectiveness of the calling.
- Increasing their skills to more effectively close small new business opportunities on the telephone.
- Increasing their skills when “farming” existing accounts to get extension business.