Performative’s work assisted Global Mailing to define and articulate its market proposition and refine its selling operation to exploit its unique position.
“It has helped us to refocus on our current products and also to look at new markets and we are working as a board far more efficiently.” Director, Global Mailing
“Global Mailing is a company with an approachable human face that passionately believes in the creation of close working partnerships between customers and suppliers. By maintaining professional and straightforward communication, we continually address customers’ specific requirements, and are able to respond quickly and effectively should any unexpected demands present themselves.”
Global Mailing has a well-established international mailing business, but was promoting low price as its key differentiator. The company wanted to grow and asked Performative to assist in analysing and addressing the issues that were preventing this from happening.
The Performative Solution
A series of structured steps enabled Performative to help Global Mailing achieve its objectives:
- A Sales Maturity Assessment (SMA) provided an initial view of sales capability.
- A Win-Loss review exercise proved a valuable method to uncover Global Mailing’s true differentiation as viewed through the eyes of its customers.
- A Market Focus Review (MFR) built on the findings of the Win-Loss review which was used to develop the market proposition.
- Work with the Executive team included business planning around the new proposition and creating a robust forecasting mechanism to enable annual revenue targets to be set. The work with the Executive team also served to improve the effectiveness of the board and to support the creation of a three year strategy and business plan.
- The new business plan was mapped into a sales action plan that included:
- Creation of clearly defined and equally valued territories with an associated re-structuring of the sales team to reduce tension over prospect allocation.
- Focus on key customer types to build knowledge of customer business to improve service and loyalty.
- Development and implementation of a Sales Handbook covering all relevant and important sales steps and processes, in particular:
- Pipeline creation and management.
- Introduction of the CAPO ratio – Calls : Appointments : Proposals : Orders – to refine forecasting accuracy and aid sales activity planning.
- Assistance with sales recruitment to supplement the team.