A focused market proposition and market segmentation model, supported by a new sales structure and sales processes.
“Performative has made a significant contribution to this business which is visible everyday as we are growing the business rather than just marking time. Since the work has been completed they have been very supportive and are always available at the end of the telephone to provide advice and guidance on a wide range of business issues.”
Effective recruitment of a new Commercial Director and support for executive team-building.
“In early 2010 we decided to recruit a Commercial Director to take over the management of the sales and marketing function from me and Performative designed and ran the entire recruitment project. The service provided was excellent as it allowed me to spend more of my time on business, both operationally and strategically, while Performative ran the recruitment project.” MD, Chiltern IT
Chiltern IT is a multi-faceted business supplying IT parts, IT equipment recycling and secure identity equipment and supplies. The company was operating successfully, but felt the sales operation could be better profiled to drive growth.
The Performative Solution
The Performative Sales Maturity Assessment (SMA) determined a number of key focus areas, which resulted in a Sales Performance Transformation Programme covering the following:
- An analysis stage including use of a profiling tool, which helped understand the individual members of the sales team, which in turn drove the performance coaching of the individuals.
- A Market Focus Review to better define the proposition and to be more selective in targeting the markets.
- Research work to refine the list of specific companies to target for new business.
- Introduction of outbound selling tools and techniques to enable proactive hunting for new customers.
- Design and implementation of relevant structured selling techniques to help the sales force manage a mix of reactive and proactive selling work.
- Introduction of key account selling techniques, including creation of an account planning template, to enable the Managing Director (MD) to focus his selling effort into major accounts.
Performative later designed and ran the recruitment of a Commercial Director to take over the sales and marketing roles from the MD. This involved defining the compensation package, advertising, running and supporting interviews and conducting psychometric profiling.
More recently, Performative has done additional profiling work for use by the MD as part of the team building process with his top team. The Commercial Director has been so successful, he was promoted to MD.