A fully integrated and complete end-to-end sales process that underpinned the company’s healthy performance and enabled a corporate sale at a healthy multiplier.
“As a result of Performative developing and executing the Sales Performance Transformation Programme they achieved more in 4 months than we had been able to achieve during the previous 18 months.”
“Performative undertook three assignments for us between 2003 and 2005 including the customisation and deployment of Performative Structured Selling® of which the key principles are still in use today. We have come to realise the true benefit of this robust methodology as it remains a constant in the business regardless of the changes in personnel, market and proposition. The work done by Performative created a great foundation for what is now a very successful business.” MD, Smart421
Smart421 is a well-established systems integrator/software consultancy specialising in innovative business solutions at the sharp end of the IT industry. Prior to engaging Performative, the Smart421 board was facing falling revenues, and remedial actions over the previous 18 month period had been unsuccessful. Smart421 was keen to reverse this situation and aspired to a sales function that could grow existing customer relationships as well as find contracts with new companies.
The Performative Solution
The Performative Sales Maturity Assessment (SMA) uncovered many areas that required attention. A two phase approach resulted in the following deliverables:
- A pragmatic restructuring of the existing go-to-market model to provide a fully integrated end-to-end process.
- Separate sales teams for “new customer creation” and “account growth”.
- Initial focus on growth from existing customers to stabilise the business.
- A structured and supported outbound telephone “lead generation” function.
- Qualification and quantification processes for new customers and opportunities.
- Re-defined customer proposition and target markets.
- Sales recruitment, training and coaching.
- Providing an interim sales director and recruiting a permanent replacement.
- Design and roll-out of a new sales compensation scheme.
- Sales management coaching.
- New processes and templates for Account Planning and Deal Planning.
- A blended learning programme to cover all sales processes for sales and delivery staff.
- CRM and pipeline improvement plans to improve revenue forecasting.