Transformed sales team structure and composition to reduce reliance on too few customers and on the Managing Director as the focal point for sales, thereby positioning the company better as an acquisition target.
Arrk is a software development company that focuses on helping its customers improve their bottom line through the imaginative use of web and mobile technologies.
Arrk’s challenge was that it had built a strong, but small, customer base and this had become a risk to the business. The Managing Director (MD) was also heavily involved in the success of these few customers, thereby compounding the over-reliance position. At the time of Performative’s project, the MD was interested in the possibility of selling Arrk, so needed to ensure a robust selling operation was in place for the benefit of potential buyers.
The Performative Solution
Performative undertook a Sales Performance Transformation exercise in two stages:
- Performative initially provided an interim Sales Director, who undertook a range of activities to structure and establish a good team. These included:
- Evaluating the capabilities and motivations of Arrk’s existing sales and marketing people through one-on-one interviews and psychometric tests
- Creating a marketing/lead generation capability
- Designing and delivering a training and development programme for sales, marketing and sales support staff
- Managing the sales team and undertaking coaching and mentoring as required
- In parallel to the sales team work, Performative implemented Performative Structured Selling®, which included:
- Creating an overarching sales and marketing strategy
- Reviewing Arrk’s current sales and marketing processes including the bidding processes and standard document used for bidding and proposals
- Amending existing processes as required and blending with Performative Structured Selling ® to produce a complete sales and marketing approach
- Documenting the complete process as a sales manual.