A well-focused and carefully positioned market offering and go-to-market model.
“Working with Performative helped management and the board clarify its strategy for the next stage of the company’s development. It also greatly improved the quality of engagement with potential customers and our ability to forecast outcomes from those.” Philip Neame, MD, IMD
Integral Mobile Data (IMD, now owned by Hytec) spent its first four years developing a mobile computing solution that enabled companies to improve customer service and reduce costs by providing mobile staff tailored task-orientated computing power in the field.
IMD engaged Performative to help move the focus of the business onto sales and marketing to grow revenue and to move into a profitable position.
The Performative Solution
Performative initially led the management team through a Market Focus Review (MFR) designed to review and consider:
- The objectives of the next stage of the business, to provide context for the activities.
- The business assets – products, knowledge, processes – and consider exploitation possibilities.
- Target market and customers.
- The portfolio and its positioning.
Subsequent work focused on addressing the points raised in the MFR and included:
- An extensive win-loss review exercise, which explored the reasons for IMD’s past success or failure at closing contracts. This exercise helped in understanding customer perceptions, which fed into defining the true value and positioning of the company and its products.
- Full definition of the product portfolio and its market proposition.
- A target market strategy including research into potential target companies.
- A promotion strategy to rapidly create visibility to a large market.
- A multi-level sales model to ensure that IMD targeted senior customers and did not sell purely at the technical level.