A transformed sales operation, which supported a successful Management Buy Out.
“Following the successful completion of a Sales Performance Transformation programme, Performative continued to work with us in support of a plan to effect a management buyout by existing senior executives. Their wealth of business experience and specific knowledge of the M&A market enabled Performative to provide me with real practical help in finding my way through the minefield of the MBO. In particular it helped me to understand what to expect from the accountants, lawyers and banks, and thus prepare for their processes in funding an MBO. Performative also provided invaluable assistance to the members of the MBO team. Without the support of Performative this would have been a much more difficult exercise peppered with pitfalls.” Philip Coombes, CEO Fibre Technologies Ltd.
Fibre Technologies Limited (FTL) is a specialist supplier of fibre optic and copper communication products and services.
The company was keen to grow and felt that a more professional selling operation was a key enabler to achieving this goal.
The Performative Solution
Performative worked with FTL over an 18 month period, taking them through a number of stages to completely transform sales performance:
- A Sales Maturity Assessment (SMA) provided an in-depth analysis of FTL’s market proposition and sales capability.
- The SMA confirmed that the market proposition required more work to create value and differentiation with clearly articulated and consistent messaging. A Market Focus Review (MFR) addressed this issue.
- A Sales Plan set out a clear route forward in terms of target markets, routes to market, sales structure and revenue targets.
- Sales process design and implementation activity included:
- Qualification and quantification
- Account planning and intra-account networking
- Account management
- Pipeline reporting
- Sales skills training programme.
- Recruiting additional sales people replacing under-performers
Performative also provided on-going support and coaching to ensure effective sales management.