The end result was a fully integrated end-to-end Lead Generation process that focused on target customers and ensured valuable sales resource was engaged appropriately and at the correct time in the sales cycle. This process delivered in excess of 10 fully qualified new customer opportunities against which in excess of £330,000 additional business was secured.
“As a result of Performative developing and executing the Performance Initiative Programme we have benefited from the potential of more leads in 4 months than we would have been able to generate ourselves in 12 months.” Divisional Head, ERA Technology
ERA Technology provides specialist engineering consultancy to owners and operators of large-value capital assets and systems; helping clients to reduce risk, improve operational performance and comply with functional safety and regulatory requirements. The division of ERA focused on the Telco sector was finding it increasingly difficult to find and win new business. A very large customer was also planning to move to off-shore operations thereby threatening the loss of a major revenue stream. The management team recognised the need to rapidly gear up to proactively acquire and develop new customers, but there was a lack of internal sales staff to focus on this as they were fully engaged in protecting the existing revenue.
The Performative Solution
ERA engaged Performative to assist in the drive to increase new business. An initial Sales Maturity Assessment (SMA) confirmed a number of potential improvement areas, which led to a two phase Lead Generation programme.
Phase 1 involved a series of preparation steps, tailored to the divisional objectives, to establish a solid and reliable base for generating new contacts. This included:
- Crystallising the value proposition and defining Service Lines and associated benefits.
- Conducting structured “sales focus” workshops, resulting in a re-definition of the ERA product proposition and the market segments to be targeted.
- Developing and implementing processes to separate new customer creation and development from the identification and pursuit of individual sales opportunities.
- Creating a fully populated database of potential new customer contacts.
Phase 2 involved:
- Creating an effective telephone-based Lead Generation process.
- Undertaking the Lead Generation process designed to generate qualified meetings for the ERA sales team with a view to creating 8-10 new customers.
- Handing over structured information packs to the sales team for the arranged meetings.
- Assisting with the transition of this approach, and the associated knowledge, in house.