“This was very successful measured in terms of increased levels of business from existing customers, an increase in the number of new customers and a consistent increase in the overall level of bookings. In the area of weddings we had a phenomenal success with bookings more than doubling between 2002 and 2003 and as we start a new year, I am confident this trend will continue.”
“I have no hesitation in recommending Performative to any other organisation seeking a solution to business and/or sales performance issues.” MD, Wadenhoe House
Wadenhoe House is a magnificent Jacobean manor house in the rolling Northamptonshire countryside. It is recognised as offering the highest levels of residential and non-residential conference, training and special occasion facilities to meet the needs of the most demanding clients. The Wadenhoe House management team approached Performative to help bring about long-term improvement in the performance of the business.
The Performative Solution
Performative worked with the Wadenhoe House team over a two year period to achieve improvement in a number of areas, the key ones being:
- Using the Market Focus Review process, implementation of a dramatically reduced prospect database to enable much more focused selling effort to get the best return.
- Creation of a selling model specifically tailored to the Wadenhoe House business. This gave the sales team tools and processes to support all aspects of their selling activities.
- Introduction of tools for the Managing Director to easily manage the process and, in particular, the sales pipeline.
- Creation of a proper selling team based partly on existing staff and partly on a new recruit. In particular, Performative helped identify the talent in one existing team member, who then became the team leader.
- Introduction of the concept of meeting prospects as well as talking to them on the telephone. This was unusual in the venue business and was acknowledged to be one of the reasons behind subsequent improved performance especially in the weddings area of the business.
- Development of a customised training and development programme covering; general selling principles, use of the telephone, handling objections, negotiating and closing. This brought all the other work together and contributed to a significant improvement in confidence and morale across the whole team.
- Provision of a telephone support service to coach through individual sales negotiations and any general sales or business issues.