A refined proposition reflecting the value to the customer and a more systematic approach to selling enabling greater forecast reliability.
“The Performative Sales Performance Transformation programme enabled Mantix to develop a much stronger sales culture and focus on key accounts. Sales skills were developed in customer-facing staff and a clearly defined account management process implemented, putting the management team in control of sales outcomes and enabling improved business performance.” Tom Abram, MD Mantix
Privately-owned Mantix Group Ltd (subsequently acquired by WS Atkins) worked with clients making major investments in technology and business change, helping them to deliver value through effective programme and project management.
The Mantix management team had recognised the need for:
- More accurate prediction of sales volume and timing.
- Additional focus to meet desired growth levels.
- Increased clarity of Mantix’s market proposition, which was hard to visualise and understand.
Mantix engaged Performative to assist with the challenge.
The Performative Solution
Initially, Performative’s Sales Maturity Assessment (SMA) revealed key improvement areas were:
- To create a more systematic approach to market focus.
- To introduce appropriate metrics in the sales process and forecast tools to better manage effort and deliver more predictable sales results.
Performative took a pragmatic, continuous improvement approach to suit the available time and resources of the Mantix team. This involved two key phases:
- A Market Focus Review which led the management team through steps to refine the existing proposition and the associated perception of its value to customers. On this basis; ideal customer profiles were developed.
- A Sales Performance Transformation Programme created a more systematic approach to the market place and the selling activity, including:
- A customer targeting process to identify and qualify potential customers.
- Questioning techniques to identify and develop opportunities with potential customers.
- Quantification criteria to generate a better prediction of win probability.
- Assistance with the implementation of a sales tool to track progress on customer bids.
- Development of Key Account Management criteria and principles.